Monday, August 01, 2005

The One Night Stander

This was all written in one sitting at 5 in the morning. It's a lot to read, and I don't know if anyone will actually read it, but if you do I hope you enjoy. It's fiction by the way.

I followed her scent up and down the streets of New York. I was close to her and knew it. I felt like fucking Toucan Sam. I followed my nose and it led me to a perfume store. Wonderful. Since I was here I decided to go in. I walked around the shop, surrounded by countless bottles that probably all smelled the same. They all read Eau de Toilet. It's been a while since I took french classes, but I do believe that translates to "toilet water" I guess the stereotypes about Parisian girls was correct.

The girl around the register sensed my confusion and walked up to me. "Hello, are you looking for anything in particular?" I don't know why but I blurted out "I'm looking for a girl." Thinking I was reffering to her, she loosened up her tense shoulders, smiled and said "Oh?" I smiled back at her and replied "yes, if you see her please call me at this number" handing her my business card in return.

I started out looking for the girl that won my heart in one night, and ended up getting with another. I hated it. A new girl every night; it was like drugs for me. God, I can't even remember her name. That night has been haunting me in my dreams for months now. I picture her smile, her beautiful eyes, even the dress she wore. If I don't find her soon, i'll go crazy.

That night was magical. It was different from any other night that I've ever spent with a girl. We strolled around Manhattan for hours talking about everything under the sun. Her smile was brighter than the streetlights we walked under. She made me feel different, I couldn't really explain it. She made me nervous. My usual confidence was absent, and I felt like a schoolboy with a crush. It was wonderful.

It was around midnight when she looked at her watch and told me she had to go. I tried persuading her to stay with me, but she told me she didn't know me well enough yet for that. Her innocence shined, and I stopped my pursuance. I told her how great it was to spend this night with her, and she replied while walking away "Me too, We'll have to do this again!" It wasn't until hours later that I realized I didn't have her number.

I've been looking for her ever since. I imagine in this city, it must be harder than finding a needle in a haystack. I just couldn't quit. That night she wrapped her hands around my eyes and asked me to make a wish. I told her "I wish for a thousand more wishes." I was at 999 now and I just wish I could see her again.

posted by psychobabbler @ 4:46 AM