Friday, July 29, 2005

Random rambling of the week:

So I just checked my inbox and I got an email from the White Stripes announcing new tour dates. For the last few months they've been starting these emails by saying "Hello children" I thought it was all cute and funny at first, but now it's getting to me. How dare they categorize me into such a population! I didn't open up your email to receive a condescending greeting. To compensate for my now inferior mentality, I've decided to say hi to everyone by saying "Hello children" This way they can all know how much better and more mature I am than them. It probably wouldn't work on a group of children though. I'd have to call them something opposite, like "Hello adults" Yeah that might work, because children hate growing up.

While on the topic of the White Stripes, I know the perfect role for Jack White to play. I recently saw A Clockwork Orange again, and if you haven't seen it, go now. It's a twisted, somewhat disturbing movie, yet it's so very entertaining. It's done by Stanley Kubrick (The Shining, Eyes Wide Shut, Full Metal Jacket..) so that pretty much explains it. Anyways back on topic, I heard rumors that they were going to remake this movie. As much as I'd hate for them to do it, I'd love to see Jack White playing Alex's character (played by Malcolm McDowell) in the movie. He'd be perfect at it. He looks the part and sounds like him too.

Alex and Jack White
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Photo of the Week:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've been showing off so much of Washington D.C. that I almost forgot where I actually live! So here's a nice skyline photo I took while riding the Staten Island Ferry.


Lyrics that stuck with me this week:

Throughout the week I heard a lot of music. Some of the lyrics in these songs stuck in my head, and others I could just relate to. They're worth listening to.

Helping the kids out of their coats
But wait the babies haven't been born
Unpacking the bags and setting up
And planting lilacs and buttercups

But in the meantime I've got it hard
Second floor living without a yard
It may be years until the day
My dreams will match up with my pay

Old dirt road Knee deep snow
Watching the fire as we grow old

I got a man to stick it out
And make a home from a rented house
And we'll collect the moments one by one
I guess that's how the future's done

-"mushaboom" by Feist

I am waiting 'til I don't know when,
'cause I'm sure it's gonna happen then.
Time keeps creeping through the neighborhood,
killing old folks, waking up babies just like we knew it would.

All the neighbors are starting up a fire,
burning all the old folks, the witches, and the liars.
My eyes are covered by the hands of my unborn kids,
but my heart keeps watching through the skin of my eyelids.

-"Neighborhood #3 (Kettles)" by The Arcade Fire


Do You Realize - that you have the most beautiful face
Do You Realize - we're floating in space -
Do You Realize - that happiness makes you cry
Do You Realize - that everyone you know someday will die

And instead of saying all of your goodbyes - let them know
You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun doesn't go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round


- "Do You Realize" by The Flaming Lips




posted by psychobabbler @ 3:42 PM