Friday, July 22, 2005

Went to the Bronx Zoo on Wednesday (mostly because it's free that day and i'm incredibly cheap): Here's a few big sized pictures (dial-up users beware!).

bronx river
Here's a nice shot of the Bronx River

monkey2
This monkey was contemplating what he could trade for this nice leaf (or maybe he was thinking something else, let me know what you think!)


tapir

This Tapir and that little bird were striking up some rich conversations, mostly about their preffered glass of wine and such. Bunch of snobs if you ask me.

gorilla

It was wonderful being so close to these gorillas. Here you can see the mom telling her kid the proper fist technique for pounding on your chest.


tiger

Here's a beautiful tiger trying her hardest to blend in with her environment. Not with those stripes!


Now for the close-ups! These animals loved modelling for me:

tiger2.gorilla2 monkey1 duck


All in all, I had a great time at the zoo. I haven't been there in years and it really brought back some nice memories. I felt like a kid again that day, and that's always fun.

posted by psychobabbler @ 9:27 PM