Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Back home

I had a really great time in D.C. I needed a little getaway from this city and this was perfect. Washington D.C. is a beautiful city filled with some really great places, cool architechture and incredible museums, which is my thing (i'm a dork, I know). They have like twenty museums all in the same area and the best part is they're all free! (thanks Smithsonian Institution!). I've been going there for about 15 years now, and I always look for new places to go and new things to see. It's such a big difference from nyc. One of the most noticable of these is how clean the city is, the train stations aren't all dirty and hot like those in nyc. It might be dirty, but when I saw the lights of new york on the drive back home, my love affair with this city was reaffirmed. I am glad to be back home.

Hey, how about some pictures!

Union Stationunion station2
union station 3
One of my favorite places here is Union Station. it's a train station but it's so much more. It has a great shopping mall and lots of nice restaurants, a good movie theatre, and gold ceilings!


flowers2

um2 swan chair

Flowers

It's always nice taking a stroll around the beautiful gardens of the Smithsonian Castle. It's filled with cool flower arrangements, chirping birds, and the relaxing sound of water fountains all around you.



That's it for now, i'll add some more pics from my trip in the next few days.

posted by psychobabbler @ 9:07 PM