Thursday, July 28, 2005

The Moving Picture Pt. 1

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So as some of you mght have noticed, I like movies. In fact, I'm as obsessed with movies as Danielly might be with shoes. I love reading, watching, and studying them. Kate (active commenter and soon to be blogger) has had the pleasure of watching movies with me, and i'm sure she has mixed feelings about it. I think watching a movie with me can sometimes be like watching a movie with the audio commentary option on your dvd's. I have the habit of pointing out great angles and cinematography and pointing out the symbolism and forshadowing that would otherwise go unnoticed.

As this year started Kate and I wondered how many movies I saw in 2004. She thought it'd be cool if I kept a list of all the movies I watched for this year. She almost challenged me to watch one everyday, and to be honest I tried to. On my sidebar you will notice an ever growing list of the movies I have seen thus far. It gets updated every so often. I've also rated the movies on a star rating system, ranging from 0 to **** It's the same that Ebert and I just thought i'd adapt it.

I not only enjoy watching movies, I enjoy thinking of ideas for them. Since I was a kid I dreamt of doing something related to movies (after the whole "I wanna be a doctor/lawyer/baseball player" phase). I definitely feel a creative spark when dealing with this medium. It feels really natural for me. Looking for a career in the film industry has always been put on the back burner while I finish myy education. I'm currently in Grad school and i'll hopefully get my masters in less than a year (not to bad for a 22 yr old!). Anyway, after i'm done with that, maybe i'll be able to take some film classes at NYU (I better start applying for loans now!).

In the second part (if there is one) i'll add some movie ideas that have been in my head over the past few years.

posted by psychobabbler @ 3:48 AM