Saturday, August 06, 2005

Happiness is a Warm Gun

I'm obsessed with an idea for a movie. I love the feeling, yet I hate it too. It consumes me. It puts me in a brainstorming frenzy and I feel like I can't stop till I have something good written out. This movie is definitely different from any other thing I've thought of and probably won't appeal to most of you. I'll be making up most of this as I go along, just as a brainstorm exercise.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The movie is filmed in a deep rich black and white:

There is a man who lives alone., He is secluded from society, and from his past. An outcast of sorts. He is losing his mind, his heart filled with hatred and loneliness. He only had one "friend"
He spends his time watching westerns. He gets fascinated with the good guy/bad guy . He has nightmares of using a gun to kill people. He's walked by the gun store many times before finally deciding to go in. He paces back and forth by the counter.The sun shines into the store window and reflects off the gun that would be his destiny.


I give you "Chrome"

The gun became him. It made him confident. It made him feel more powerful for the first time in his life. The chrome surface of the gun fascinated him the most and he made sure it was spotless. He'd often point it in the air, pretending to shoot invisble enemies. It became an extension of his hand. He slept with it.

He never intended on using it though, till that night when he was forced to. He enjoyed it. He wanted more opportunities. His only "friend" just happened to know some guys who knew other people, if you catch my drift. He killed without conscience, and did it with fucking style.



Soundtrack will include:


A Boy and his Machine gun - MGB
Orca - Wintersleep
When I was a young girl - Feist (I picture this so vividly during a stealthy attack scene; might be saved for a different movie).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I won't go any further, most of what I have in my head are action sequences dealing with the gun, and just how good the shiney chrome would look against that black and white. Like I said I made up everything I wrote as I went along, but this should help me put a good story together. A lot of it can be cliche. I want some of to have a noire style, while other parts will feel like a cross between a Tarrantino flick and Scorcese's Taxi Driver. I haven't made a movie yet, but I have this confidence that I can make one. It feels good. Hopefully by writing some of this stuff out, I can stop thinking about it.

posted by psychobabbler @ 3:02 AM