Sunday, September 04, 2005

Wilted Rose

You told me you made that with your hands, right after I used mine to destroy it. You looked up at me, and I swear I could've died right then and there. My anger, my anger. "I didn't mean to", I said. Her eyes full of tears, she walked over to console me. I pushed her away. "WHY!..Why are you comforting me after what I just did" She wiped her tears, and said in a muffled voice "because I love you"

I fell to my knees and began crying uncontrollably. I wrapped my arms around her legs, pressing my face against her soft skin. "Please forgive me, please, it'll never happen again!" I yelled. "Shhhh, it's okay" was her reply. I continued asking her for forgiveness, I couldn't stop. I tried picking up the pieces, but there was just too many. I wept more.

She kneeled beside me, embracing me. I whispered "I'm so sorry baby" over and over. The rest of the night, we slept right there on the floor. It was beautifully perfect. I stood in the middle of this room, breathing heavily, remembering that night from a year ago so vividly. I was surrounded by broken glass and destruction, and I was frozen, staring at the door you just slammed on your way out.

posted by psychobabbler @ 3:15 AM