Tuesday, August 23, 2005

More from my city

Not everything in my city is costly, which is a good thing if you know me (I'm rather thrifty) For just 2.00 (train fare) you could see some of the coolest places. It's an advennture to just take the train to some random station and get off not knowing what you may find there (although it might help to know the "bad" areas ahead of time). Anyways here are some pictures for you ADD people.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A shot of some ferries that take you from Manhattan to Staten Island. They're bright orange and are free! You get a great view of NYC's skyline and of the Statue of Liberty.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com.

This is the famous bull by Wall Street. It represents the stock market (bull market). I remember hearing that they wanted to remove it for some stupid reason, but thankfully they haven't. This is a great landmark that I can remember vividly loving from the first moment I saw it as a kid.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is another place I remember seeing when I was a kid. It's just a regular office building or something, but I always found it cool that the shades were all green. Some open, some closed, it makes for a sort of mosaic that changes throughout the day.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


This is one of the last remains from the World Trade Center. It was in front of the towers and used to be a golden globe atop a water fountain. I remember sitting by the fountain when I was younger looking up at the tall towers surrounding me. It looks very different now of course, and is it just me, or does it look like a face?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

For me this is one of those perfect pictures that represents the direction society has headed in. The stone walls behind these people are filled with thousands of names of soldiers who lost their lives in wars of past. You see a man and his wife bargaining with this guy over some fake Gucci bag. I was disgusted when taking this photo. I just couldn't believe the lack of respect that they all had. It just feels like you could tell the type of people those buyers were just from looking at them. Money over morals it seems.

posted by psychobabbler @ 3:50 AM