Monday, August 15, 2005

All I have to do is dream

I had a nightmare last night, and I made sure to notice what position I was in when I woke up. As usual it was on my side. I've talked to a lot of people and they don't recall there being any correlation between the position they slept in and the amount of nightmares they had. Ever since I was a kid my mom would tell me she'd get bad dreams if she slept on her back. I thought I was like that too but it was my side for me.


Does this happen to any of you? Next time you have a nightmare try and recall the position you were when you woke up. I know your body moves in different positions throughout the night, but I still think it has something to do with the pressure we put on different parts of our brain. Being in the field of Psychology i'd love to do some research on this topic to find out if there really is some sort of pattern.

I've always been interested in dreams, and I believe it's one of the biggest mysteries that we as humans have yet to uncover. I've even started writing a screenplay relatind to our dreams and how they are actually us but in a different world, and everythng we see in them really happens one time or another. It's titled "Parallel Universe"

posted by psychobabbler @ 4:16 PM