Monday, February 06, 2006

Smooth Operator

I've been feeling stressed for the last few months. Not quite sure what the problem is. I dunno, I just get really frustated without any real reason for it. I think I take things too seriously when I really should be enjoying life. Everything feels like it's happening at once yet there's not much going on in my life, what's up with that feeling? Ahhh. I think it's time for a major change in my life. I should move to iceland and join a cult where people worship moose and make daily sacrifices with their imaginary second born children.

I think I'm a part time OCD'er. I mean most of the time I don't give a shit about order or cleanliness, but then sometimes I snap and I start realizing all this dirt around me and go on this crazed cleanup. When i'm like this I feel like a depraved coke addict who's just lost their next hit somewhere inside a baby powder factory.

So, maybe im frustrated because I don't know which direction to go with my future career. My whole life I felt like I was on cruise control. I was confident in my ability to succeed. I'm still confident in my intelligence but I just don't which path to apply it to. I'm currently in the general masters program for Psychology, but I took this course last semester on animals and I totally want to focus on that. I wonder if it'll limit me and if I'd be able to make a good/long lasting career out of that. Oh me Oh my. I wish I had wealthy relatives so I could be one of those adults who just lives off of inheritance (like Hugh Grant in About a Boy). I am the protypical guy for inheritance money. All I want to do is do nothing. Get me?

posted by psychobabbler @ 6:09 AM