Monday, June 20, 2005

Batman Begins

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The dark knight is back, and better than ever. I saw this movie on Saturday and it was one of the best super-hero movies ever done. When I first heard they were re-doing the batman series from the beginning I couldn't be happier. I felt there was so much more that needed to be done with this character that was obviously lacking with those of the 80's and 90's. Those movies were a spectacle, that I can only reflect on with laughter. Batman Begins is an intense action film, that has a very serious mood about it. I loved watching the origins and development of this character. Christian Bale seemed perfect for the role as well; having the good looks for Bruce Wayne, yet still having a dark mysterious aura about him. The supporting cast were also great. Michael Caine as Alfred seems like a natural fit, providing humor and inspiration for Wayne. I also enjoyed Cillian Murphy (28 days later) in the role of Scarecrow, although it would've been nice to see more of him. I got to see this on IMAX, which is just something you have to see to know how great of an experience it is. This movie left me feeling incredibly satisfied and is definitely the movie to beat for this summer. Overall it's one of the best of the year and I can't wait to watch it again. Go See it!!!

****

posted by psychobabbler @ 11:34 AM