Thursday, May 05, 2005

These Automatic Flowers Won't Do

I got home just in time to see her. She was doing the same thing she's been doing for the past three days. Pulling out the petals one by one from the multiude of bouquets at her disposal. She stares out the window and I quickly hide behind my curtains, hoping she won't see me looking at her. She's looking in my direction, yet she's not really looking at all. Her eyes, lifeless as always, stare out as though lost in a fog. I want to help her, I want to make her happy again. I always thought she was love sick, pulling flowers out in a "he loves me, he loves me not" fashion. I never seen her whole face until now, she wanted me to see. I stepped back a few steps, taken by suprise. She wasn't lovesick at all, she just wanted to destroy something beautiful, just like he did to her.

posted by psychobabbler @ 5:45 PM