Thursday, May 26, 2005

I'm sitting by the window, trying to figure out my next move. The red flourescent that glared into my eyes, said I was staying at the HOT L. If I was here a few years ago I bet that sign woulda said something else. I have a lot of catching up to do. I owe her something, something big. she needs to know i'm serious this time around.

Dear Abbygail,

It might seem strange to be getting this letter from me, seeing how we recently met and all. You're the only person I can talk to lately. Every night, I look forward to those sparkling eyes of yours. They make up for the shit I have to deal with throughout my day. Things have been rough for me, but lately everything just clicked. You brushed me off a few times before, but I know i'm growing on you. When you provided me with my bill the other night, you smiled like you loved me. I imagined you did. You're more than just a waitress to me, you're a fucking angel. I'm sorry for swearing, I just can't help it. You're the only thing I've been holding on to these past few weeks.

I really want you to know how serious I am. I'm writing you this letter just to let you know that there's no need to worry about me. It's about time something happened, I just have to be the one to get it moving. My life felt wasted until now. Every day when I look in the mirror, I don't recognize my reflection. It's just a chiseled face hardened by hatred. They built me to be a killing machine. I need you abby, you make me feel like a fucking human again.

I don't think you even know my name. In time you will. I think back to my years serving this infested waste of country. Look what I helped to build abby. Back then, my seargent called me by my last name, as if that's all he knew. He hated me. Today everyone only knows me by my first. Nothing's changed though, they hate me too. By tommorow, the world will know me by my full name, and i'll be loved by all, but most important by you.





Work in progress

posted by psychobabbler @ 3:52 AM